Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Vienna: Snow, Baby Playtime and More Grandeur

As much fun as Jude and I had exploring together, I couldn't wait for Pete's conference to wrap up so that he could see the city with us. We spent the day as a family of 3 going to the ZOOM Children's museum, strolling past centuries old palaces, cathedrals and churches in the fresh fallen snow and having drinks in an 800 year old restaurant whose notable dinners including Mozart, Bethoven, and David Hasselholf have made their mark by singing the ceiling. A wonderful day in beautiful Vienna! 
Jude's first snow!
Museum Quarter- Formerly the Palace Stables
Zoom Children's Museum
Instead of visiting museums to see great art or learn about the culture and history of Vienna, we learned about the Ocean at this great Children's museum/play space :)
Under the belly of the ship 
Captain my Captain

"Here fishy fishy"
While Jude napped, we took in the splendor of the city.
More Museums
Natural History Museum
Palace Library

Palace Panorama 





St. Stephen's Cathedral

My boys rightfully in awe
Nativity Scene
I had passed by the Jesuit Church the day before and snapped the photo below. I thought the building was beautiful, but had no idea the wonder that was within! Thankfully Laura said to check it out. 
 




Our last stop in the city was to the Griechenbeisl, an 800 year old restaurant with a famous patronage. All those worthy were invited to sign the ceiling in one of the rooms. After asking nicely, a server showed up the room and pointed out the famous John Hancocks. Mozart, Bethoven, Johnny Cash, Rinaldo, Schubert, and of course, David Hasselhof to name a few. 
Griechenbeisl
Peek a Boo!

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Johnny Cash
Bethoven
"Alright, mom and dad, I admit this is pretty cool"


No comments:

Post a Comment