Saturday, November 7, 2015

Part 3 of Istanbul: The Blue Mosque

Our final stop of the day was to the Blue Mosque. Still used as an active mosque, we arrived just in time before it was closing again for prayers.

As usual, I was a few paces behind Pete and Jude, snapping pictures, so I missed Jude exclaiming, "Wow!" as he entered the mosque. Wow was right. All of the wires from the ceiling were holding up massive chandeliers, hanging not much higher than head height.
 The lighting was really something.


 More beautiful tile work.


Jude made a friend, who shared his toy. A welcome distraction as Jude was trying desperately to remove my head scarf!
World Peace Ambassadors. Can't we all just get along?

Area reserved for prayer
Once outside, Jude got what he really wanted. To done a headscarf like Oma and I. He was pretty darn cute and the other tourists were loving it! Our travel trooper does it again! Fun filled first day in Istanbul complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment