Just before flying home to the States for Christmas, the Durneys took a mini holiday to Prague- a new destination for all. The trip was a breath of fresh air and renewed my love of living in Europe.
The truth is that the first trimester of pregnancy sucked the life out of me. I don't mean to discount my joy and gratitude over being pregnant. I know the struggles of many. I am just one of those unfortunate people who has a really hard time during pregnancy and don't find it to be a pleasant experience. I had a rough first 4 months with Jude, but the nausea, morning sickness and fatigue were on another level this time around. I had no desire to do anything, social, travel or otherwise in the past 3 months. I was not myself and I was not happy. A few weeks ago, I started to feel better, just in time for the holidays and our journeys. Hallelujah!!
The flight time to Prague from Amsterdam was just over an hour and under $100 a ticket. We wondered why we didn't come sooner! Easyjet put the easy in travel. We were to the airport and through security in less than 30 minutes. It wasn't until we got to the gate area that we realized that no one asked to see our IDs!
Prague was the perfect holiday destination. Lots of Christmas cheer and presumably less crowded than during the prime summer months. At an Amsterdam Mama recommendation, we booked an executive suite with My House Apartments and were living large for three days for a song (The Czech Republic is on the Crown, which has a very favorable exchange rate). The apartment was one block off the main square, which was housing the largest of the Christmas markets.
 |
| All of the market food was really tempting. We had sausages, ham, crepes and these cinnamon pastry things cooked around a hot rod. |
 |
| Jude loved seeing the horse drawn carriages and would ask everyday to see the "neighs." |
 |
| Jude was upset that he couldn't get into these gingerbread house facades. |
 |
| There was a stage set up with cultural acts through out the day. We stumbled upon a traditional children's dance group. |
 |
| Jude loved it! |
 |
| We walked the city to the river to get a view of the Prague Castle. |
 |
| Pre-dinner stop at U Tri Rozi (the three roses) Brewery. |
 |
| It's never too early to support the arts! Jude got his groove on to this street jazz band. |
No comments:
Post a Comment