Saturday, April 23, 2016

Spring Time in Paris!


Today was exactly what I had in mind when I imagined going to Paris in the Spring. Bright, sunny skies, flowering trees and an outdoor picnic dinner in front of the Eiffel tower. Throw in a visit to Notre Dame, some father-son barbershop bonding, lunch at a creperie and a carousel ride and it was a pretty perfect day. 
Sainte-Chapelle
First time inside Notre Dame. No lines at 9:30am :) 


There is a sandbox under those cherry blossoms. Maybe the most gorgeous setting for a sandbox that I've ever seen!




Those perfectly tanned legs? Courtesy of my compression stockings that go from my feet up past the belly. You heard how pregnancy is super glamorous, right?!
Pete wanted to get his haircut with Jude so we stopped in a barbershop to get the job done. To date, I have given Jude all his haircuts except one where we went to the home of a lady in our neighborhood who cuts hair. He was long overdue for a real professional haircut. We were amazed at how quiet and still he was the whole time! We think he was mesmerized by the barber!  



After shot
Watching our crepes be made

After a long nap time, we stopped for picnic provisions and then took the bus to the Eiffel tower where we had reserved tickets to take the lift to the 2nd floor. As we walked up the Eiffel tower, Jude looked up at it and went, "Woah!" I love that he sees the magnificence and beauty in things! 





Down on the ground we headed to the Carousel for a spin before dinner. 





Happy boy
The picnic was yummy though I wish I could have had some wine! Men kept coming up and offering to sell us bottles, which just seemed cruel after a while!


So crazy to think that the next time we'll be here, we'll be a family of 4! Then, I'll certainly be drinking some wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment