Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hosting Half Waif

We've found our niche market! Offering free accommodation for US bands performing in Amsterdam!

A band that Pete and I like, Iron and Wine, were coming through Amsterdam towards the end of January. Pete saw that he knew the singer in the opening band, Half Waif. Nandi is the little sister of one of Pete's classmates from Williamstown. When Pete went to buy tickets, it was already sold out. So he contacted his classmate to see if we could be put on Half Waif's list. "No problem," she said and "you don't perchance have a place for them to stay do you?"

I really enjoyed Half Waif's music, especially the songs they wrote about New York City. Iron and Wine were great as usual. After the show, the band came to our house with their tour manager. They had an off day so they stayed on a second night to have time to enjoy Amsterdam. I love these random encounters and making our world smaller and smaller! Half Waif has a new album, Lavender, coming out in April. Check them out!
Half Waif
Iron and Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment