The Christmas cards have been sent so I can reveal the fun we had making them!
I was inspired by a friend's photos that I learned she had taken at a photo studio in Volendam, a touristy fishing village North of Amsterdam. I'd wanted to do this for a while now and the family Christmas photo seemed the perfect opportunity to create this keepsake.
In mid November, we made the drive to the studio. I had booked us in early, but a tour bus of 20 woman beat us in so we had to wait a while for our turn. The clothes were placed over what we were already wearing and then we had to find clogs that fit. The final touch- choosing our accessories! Pete appropriately chose a vintage bottle of genever (Dutch gin) and a long smoking pipe. Jude choose a pipe and a wooden fish. He also sported a fishing net over his shoulder.
The boys were dressed in a separate area and man did my heart melt when this dapper dude came around the corner! He was like tiny Tim!
Maeve found the whole thing overwhelming and initially resisted being dressed in the costume. Nothing like modern technology mixing with the past! She really perked up when she was handed the teddy bear and we were so pleased that she was smiling in most of the photos! I had the accessory options of a bouquet of flowers or a very large fake wheel of cheese. Choices, choices!
A few other good ones. Pete had hoped that we would do some serious ones, but it went by in a blur. I also would have loved some of just the kids.
![]() |
| Jude was psyched when a Piet rode into town. |









No comments:
Post a Comment