Week 10 of Social Distancing was SUNNY! In the literal and figurative sense. Gorgeous weather, more things opening, some me time and our first mini vacay. A good week!
On Sunday, we joined friends we hadn't seen since lockdown began for a play date in Beatrix Park. We biked from there to the zoo, which had opened to members just a few days prior. They have limited, timed entrances and a new flow to keep traffic one-way in addition to marked places 1.5 meters apart to indicate where to safely stand. The main attraction was the baby elephant, just 13 days old. We waited for the elephants to come outside and were awed by the "baby," before realizing that was the adolescent. Then when the real baby came out between the legs of its mother, oh my goodness, so cute!
 |
| Our first visit to the zoo since our trip to Africa and it was a little heartbreaking |
 |
| If you live there, your view is elephants, giraffes and zebras! |
 |
| We thought this was the baby.... |
 |
| Growing like weeds |
 |
| The zoo's rhododendron bushes were stunning |
My first two mornings of freedom were devoted to Maeve's birthday prep so Monday morning was my first time all for me. I did a home pilates class and read in the sunshine. When the kids arrived home from school after lunch, I was refreshed and happy to see them. It felt like my finest parenting in 10 weeks. Tuesday I had a social distancing brunch with friends I have really missed the past 2 months.
 |
| An accurate way to predict the sex of one's imminent new baby, right? |
On my bike ride home, I passed Amstel Park and circled back around to explore Rhododendron valley at my leisure. I had no idea there were so many varieties! I couldn't get enough.
The week was short and sweet, Wednesday was an in-service day and Thursday and Friday were holidays. We were supposed to be going to the Island of Arran in Scotland, but instead headed south to Zeeland for a nice change of scenery.
No comments:
Post a Comment