Saturday, May 14, 2022

Easter at Home

We arrived home from Mallorca at 11pm the night before Easter. Thankfully, the Easter bunny didn't sweat it and prepared well in advance. 

Decorating eggs earlier in April


Looks like the Easter bunny was recently in the US! 

We have never had an Easter at home (when there wasn't a pandemic) as we are usually traveling and while I was looking forward to making memories here, being abroad on holidays makes me homesick. I feel a lot of nostalgia for the large family holidays of my childhood and both miss them and also feel sad that our kids won't have the same experiences. So we invited two sets of friends over to recreate some of the holiday chaos I was missing. 

I wanted a traditional Easter meal and was so psyched when the kids wanted to help me make it! Maeve peeled the potatoes and Jude helped slice them and layer them for our potatoes gratin. 


Poor girl got eaten by mosquitos in Mallorca! 

More sunny weather! 

Jude and Maeve refilled their eggs with their old Halloween candy and hid them for the little kids (whose parents were told to throw the candy away!).

A total bunny doll! 


No comments:

Post a Comment