Saturday, June 4, 2022

May 2022

May was a beautiful, busy, and fun month! There was Maeve's birthday, a return of the beloved Global Village Day, a camping trip to Texel, multiple school events, and a lot of social outings.  

Maeve's Kindergarten field trip to the Van Gogh museum

Our budding artist! 

Leading these three sweeties around the museum was a lot easier than my time chaperoning for Jude's class 2 years ago!

Pete and I got a babysitter on May 5th and celebrated both Cinco de Mayo (Mexican food and drinks) and Liberation Day (Amstel river concert). I've watched the concert on TV other years, but I really enjoyed seeing it in person, especially festive after a 2 year COVID hiatus. 


The following night, I biked into the center to meet Katie for drinks on Reguliersdwarsstraat, a pedestrian-only street famously known for its gay bars. In all our years living here, I had never passed by here! 


Mother's day coincided with the monthly PureMarkt in Amstelpark, so I invited my mom friends to join for an afternoon in the sun with their families. We were a big crew and everyone had a great time. Only a few children were temporarily lost as we let them run free all afternoon. 

Yes, that is a fanny pack and yes, I bought it for myself for Mother's day. What is more mother than that!?


Some of the moms of the Seahorse class

Some of the dads
 
The second part of mother's day was kid-free. Bobbie, Rachel, and I booked tickets for a Dam Boat Guys tour to spend some time on the canals. I hitched a ride into the city in Bobbie's Urban Arrow! 






The following weekend, Maeve was invited to a birthday party in Haarlem. When we dropped her off, Jude was invited to stay, so Pete and I had an unexpected 2-hour day date in sunny Haarlem! 


Pete hurt his back after our trip to Mallorca and was in rough shape this day. So we walked around town for a bit and then relaxed at two breweries. Haarlem was having their Saturday market in the main square so it was very lively in the city center. 





First stop, Jopen brewery in an old church

Then to Uiltje (little owl), the brewery where Pete was selected to be a taster during the pandemic. I'd recognize the logo anywhere after all of the monthly beer shipments that were sent to our house!

Seahorse mom's night out at HappyHappyJoyJoy

Shut that place down and found a hotel lobby bar. This was the night before Maeve's birthday, which was not the best timing for a late night out! The decorations I set up for Maeve after I returned home were not my best! 

Neighborhood walks

Jude's class music concert! 


Jenny's birthday lunch at restaurant de Kas

Charity percussion and choir concert for the non-profit in Ghana that ISA supports. Jude has practiced all year with the percussion group and we were so happy to see him perform. 


Liz's 60th birthday party at the VRA Cricket club in the bos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment