September! A total blur of a month. I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a month-long intensive online Dutch class. It only took 8 years! I found a class through the University of Amsterdam language school that met every morning for 2 1/2 hours with a few hours a day of homework. It got me from beginner up to A2 level, which was needed to take the rest of the inburgering (integration) exams. The professor was great and it was fun to "meet" the other 9 students who live throughout the NL (and one in Germany). I haven't been a student in a very long time and it was good to hit the books! At the end of the month I had written and oral exams for the course, which I passed! I can continue on to higher levels of Dutch now, but am giving myself time to practice everything I learned (the pace was really fast).
 |
| Let's do this! |
 |
| Book club |
 |
| Baseball season underway |
 |
| Post-game fun at Pllek in Noord. |
 |
| A wild Friday night with this hard-working teacher |
Maeve had the same classmates the last two years, but they were split this year. So there were a lot of new families to meet. One of the mom's arranged an outing in Amstel park for everyone to get to know each other. Half of the class was there, which was really nice. We ended with some mini golf.
No comments:
Post a Comment