Thursday, January 22, 2015

Traveling Solo with Jude

I'm on top of the world! No wait, I feel on top of the world! (I am actually in a hotel bathroom.) I've just completed my first solo trip with Jude and am really proud of myself! We are in Vienna after a 15 minute walk to the bus, 15 minute bus to the airport, 2 hour flight to Vienna and 45 minutes bus ride to the hotel. I have fed him, bathed him, put him to bed and my reward for all of this hard work is, as I mentioned, hanging out in the hotel bathroom. Jude would totally have been in here instead of me, but the baby bed that they hotel gave us is ginormous (are Austrian babies large?!).

Pete's school has sent him here for an International Baccalaureate work conference, which starts tomorrow AM. He needed to stay through the end of the school day today and I wanted to make sure to arrive in time for Jude's bedtime, hence the solo journey.

I managed on my own by traveling very light. Thankfully, Pete will be arriving in a few hours with the majority of our luggage. I needed to just carry what we'd need for the flight and bedtime (still a lot of stuff with a baby!). So I packed my new small backpack to the gills, had Jude in the carrier and wheeled the stroller in its carry bag (since Jude was traveling with me, we got the free checked stroller). Such relief to arrive in the hotel room this evening!

While Pete is attending the conference tomorrow, Saturday and half of Sunday, I plan to do some serious exploring with Jude. Let me know if you have any tips or must-dos for Vienna!

Traveling light (on my back anyway!)

Celebratory Austrian Wine while waiting for the bus. They gave me a very generous pour. Must have taken pity on the mom traveling alone! 

1 comment: