Wednesday, September 28, 2016

It's That Dam Good

Yesterday was a perfect fall day here in Amsterdam made even better with a visit with Pete's aunt Heidi and husband Rob. Maeve and I got our bearings on our new tram and metro line and met up with them for lunch in the Jordaan followed by an afternoon drink in Dam square. Heidi and Rob were just off a 15 day Viking River Cruise and tacked on a few days to see the city. They have grandkids the same age as Jude and Maeve and were so great with her at lunch so I could eat in peace.

Later that evening after Maeve was fast asleep and Jude was happily playing with a new babysitter, Pete and I met back up with them for a fabulous dinner at Bridges, a spot I'd been wanting to try since we moved here. A great time getting to know Heidi and Rob (the Canadian Durning contingent) better.  It was a late night for all and when I asked Pete this morning how the night went with Jude, he had no recollection of going in and sleeping in his bed with him :) Too much fun for a Tuesday night I'd say!

Maeve really is delicious!
Leaves just starting to turn against a cloudless blue sky
Bridges and Canal Houses will never get old
Happy Diners

No comments:

Post a Comment