Thursday, October 6, 2016

Kroller-Muller Museum Day Trip

This week, while Jude was in school, Oma, Opa, Maeve and I drove out to the Hoge Veluwe National Park to visit the Kroller-Muller Museum. The museum is home to the second largest collection of Van Gogh paintings after the Van Gogh museum. Opa is a big Van Gogh fan and was excited to check it out. The museum is the former private collection of the Kroller-Mullers and is in a beautiful setting in the middle of the national park. Apart from the main building housing the Van Goghs and other works, there are extensive grounds filled with outdoor sculptures. It reminded me a bit of Storm King, without the views of the Hudson River. It was a perfect, crisp fall day. We don't get the dramatic leaf changing colors of the US here, which I miss, but every now and then I catch a spot of color and it makes me really happy. 
Coffee break
Country Road in Provence by Night- love this one!
Georges Seurat
Bridge at Arles- We drove to see this bridge last April in Provence



It was ~1.25 hours each way to the park and Maeve was a dream- playing and then sleeping, barely making a peep. Such a change from our road trip days with Jude. A good omen (I hope!) for our fall break road trip in 10 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment