Last year, I had had enough of the Sint season only half way through. This year, it flew by and I would still be happy to have it last a few more days. This is partially because I finally learned the words to the little Sinterklaas ditties so I was not just humming "la, la, las" like last year. Jude was into it again this year, but not with the same fever as last year. Last year we would watch the nightly Sinterklaas journal on TV while he would jump up and down on the sofa yelling "Sinterklaas!" This year he didn't even want to watch it on television, much preferring Peppa or Mickey Mouse instead! Bummer because it is a good way to learn some dutch (and we could use a break from Peppa)! Also last year we were leaving mid way through December to go to the States for Christmas so I wanted Sint season to be over so I could get into the true Christmas spirit. This year, all of the grandparents are coming to us so the holiday season is (hopefully) going to feel really long.
On Sunday we went to a Sinterklaas/Christmas carols violin and piano concert for children. I sat in the back with Maeve and watched as Jude got up between every song, walked over to one of the many bowls of pepernoten and stuffed his face with the delicious ginger spiced cookies! After the concert, we drove to Westerpark for their monthly Sunday market, this one with a Sinterklaas theme. Both kids fell asleep in the car and we ingeniously rigged a double stroller by putting Maeve's car seat in the basket beneath Jude's stroller seat. Then Pete and I had an hour long date "without" kids strolling through the market and eating lunch! We ran into a friend and were literally like, "sorry, can't stop to chat. Both kids are sleeping and we are not going to ruin this!
![]() |
| Sint Sighting at the Westergasfabriek Sunday Market this weekend |
![]() |
| Not Sint related, but isn't she cute?! |







No comments:
Post a Comment