I was contacted a few weeks back by a genetic counselor who works for my company in New York. She was given permission to work remotely for two months while traveling through Europe and was going to be visiting Amsterdam. We met up for dinner on Thursday night along with Meghan, another GC who also got a job working for Recombine after moving here and learning about my experience. It was so refreshing to have a night out with "coworkers." Something that hasn't happened in over 3 years!! We enjoyed hearing updates on the status of our company as we often feel pretty far removed working remotely abroad. It is such a great fit for us both right now and we feel so incredibly lucky to be able to work in our field and live in this amazing place.
For me, it is not only the ability to work here and work from home, but also the ability to make my own hours. Not to mention the ability to take vacation whenever I want. Working 2 days (plus some evenings) a week is the perfect balance for me right now as I get 3 full days with Maeve and Friday mornings with both. Having 2 days to myself energizes me for the mama days. I have no future career ambitions for the moment. I just want to enjoy these early years. I am fortunate that my career is in very high demand, so I know that jobs will be waiting for me when I am ready to return full time. I had a realization the other day that in 17 months, Maeve will also be going full time to ISA and then I will be on my own! Bittersweet.
I have started taking Maeve to Montessori on Thursdays and love spending time with her there like I did with Jude.
Then on Friday, I was able to use a make up day to send Maeve to day care so I could chaperone Jude's field trip to the zoo. I loved seeing his interactions with his two best friends.
| Doing his flamingo |






No comments:
Post a Comment