Friday, June 15, 2018

A Me Day Spent in the Gardens of Amsterdam

The facades of the Amsterdam Canal houses are engrained in everyone's minds, but what lies behind these stately buildings? One weekend a year, a number of these homes, museums and buildings open up their private gardens for all to see during the Open Tuinen Dagen. I used the last of Maeve's make up days and had a blissful "me" day in the city today. No mom guilt here! A stop for coffee in exchange for a book loan from a book club friend, a few hours exploring the gardens, a mid day movie viewing (Guernsey Literary Society and Potato Peel Society) and time for a few more gardens before heading home. On Monday my aunt and cousin arrive from California so I felt like this was a great "downtown refresher" course so I'll be primed for my tour guiding duties! 






I sat at that back table with a glass of prosecco at 11:30 :)
Bee hives! 


This is the shared garden of 6 buildings! It was massive. 

What's a Dutch garden without the Big Green Egg grill (retails $1500-$2000)
Of all the gardens on the tour, I was most excited to see the Mayor's! The gardens of his private residence were open. 


Back of the Mayor's Residence
Felt like you were in a park, not a city block in this garden!

 


Ahhh... super refreshed to start the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment