Friday, April 12, 2019

De Bomen in Bloom

Ahh, Spring. The days are long (9pm and not yet dark), the sun sometimes comes out, birds are chirping and the beautiful trees (de bomen) and flowers are in bloom! This post is dedicated to my two favorite trees/tree areas, our gorgeous magnolia and the Kersenbloesempark (cherry blossom park) in the Bos. 

Last year's magnolia bloom was a dud. Only half of the blooms came out and I was majorly bummed! Then, in the fall, when the other half of the tree bloomed, I was flabbergasted. Turns out this can happen with magnolias! Well, this year we had redemption and I savored every moment of our gorgeous peak bloom.
Pete about to leave for school

Pretty even at night!

Jude created this "display" so that people passing by would have "something nice to look at." I tolerated it for over a week! 



View from bed
Popsicles under the tree
We also took our annual trip to the Cherry Blossom Park on a gorgeous afternoon after school. We dropped the ball on bringing a picnic dinner though! The kids had fun exploring and wrestling. It is near impossible to get a posed picture of the two of them, but they were all smiles with each other and I seized the moment! Their love is fierce.

 









Moments after this, Maeve bit his back and the fun was over. She's like a puppy with her love sometimes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment