Friday, November 13, 2020

Halloween 2020

Thank goodness for the Fall holidays as this pandemic wears on. It has been so nice to have things to look forward to! We had a pretty usual Halloween. We carved a pumpkin at the pluktuin and bought more to carve at home from a farm along the Amstel river. 





We made Halloween cookies and decorated with our neighbor, Cora. 


The kids were allowed to dress up for school. Maeve was a fairy and Jude was a ninja (too stealth to get a photo).

Jude had a birthday party on the afternoon of Halloween and got to dress up again. 


The large Halloween trick or treating organized by expats in Zuid was canceled this year so I reached out to some neighbors instead. Neighbors asked other neighbors and in the end we had 12 houses to visit. Of course, the day after I organized all of this, the government advised against trick or treating, but we felt we could do it responsibly by not gathering in groups and keeping distance. The Nazlawys and the Makers joined in the fun, at a distance. It was a success and I look forward to the post-covid world where we can organize something bigger and more inclusive for the neighborhood. 

Maeve had a last minute costume drama, which was thankfully solved when she saw me putting on my Incredibles costume (the only costume I own). We still had Jude's costume from 2 years ago so she happily put that on. I made these costumes for Halloween 2008 in NYC, which was days before Obama was elected, so I hoped they would be a good omen again (and am hoping that is the case....).







I mean... 

No comments:

Post a Comment