Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Cory's 40th in Maine!

Cory booked a suite at Cliff House near Ogunquit, Maine and invited her college friends to join her in celebrating her 40th. I missed her wedding because Maeve was born the week before and I was not going to miss this! Everyone who was invited came (from LA, NY, Boston, NH, and St. Louis), a testament to how much her friendship means to all of us. It was a wonderful, mini-college reunion and confirmation that girlfriend time is the best time!





I can count on one hand the number of times I got up early to watch the sunrise over the coast during my 4 years in Maine. It was easy this time thanks to jetlag and we had a perfect show from the hotel balconies, 




Devine lobster roll at The Greenery Cafe

Walking the Marginal Way

I've missed the Maine coast

Jen tagged this photo to Bowdoin's Instagram account and we were reshared by them. Feeling pretty famous ;) 


Pre-dinner hot tub time

Ginormous portions at Angelina's

There were a few rousing games of reverse categories, but otherwise, we had an early enough night to catch the end of the next morning's sunrise. 


A walk in Wells Reserve


A requisite stop for doughnuts at Congdon's with Jen and Laura H., two serious doughnut connoisseurs! 

Taylor and Cedar came up from Boston for our final day and night. Gang's all here!



Jen and I stalked the wedding happening at the hotel. Sadly, no one wanted to join me for the afterparty.



Delicious and fun group dinner at Old Vines Wine Bar in Kennebunkport. 



Happy Birthday, Cory! Thank you for bringing us all together for this special weekend!

Icing on the cake: Seeing the Northern Lights from the flight home, somewhere over Northern Maine!


No comments:

Post a Comment