Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Paris with Amelia

Amelia came to Paris in mid-June to visit her dad who was taking a photography course. She arrived 3 days before my parents arrived, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to see her so I took the train and stayed for a night, making the most of 31 hours in this magical city! 


They are still hard at work repairing the damage from the fire. They are also cleaning the Siene in preparation for next year's Olympics.

This was my first summer visit to Paris since 2005. The cafe culture scene was strong.

Yayoi Kusama has painted polka dots all over Louis Vuitton

The interior of the newly remodeled Samaritaine department store was breathtaking! 


We spent the afternoon at Musee d'Orsay, first stopping for lunch in the cafe, scoring a primo table right under the clock face (to Amelia's dad's great delight). 







We waited out a quick afternoon rain shower and then found a cafe for spritzes, escargot, and Oysters.




Mr. Rutter found some obliging subjects.

Pasta dinner to end the night.

On Monday we made our way (slowly- Uber was not our friend) to Montmartre. Crepes for breakfast and then an app-guided walking tour. I'd never really explored that part of Paris before (apart from a quick visit to Sacré-Coeur with toddler Jude) and was excited to see it! 












Yummy lunch at Le Consulat



After learning how much Amelia loves carousels in Nederland, CO last year, I was excited to ride the one beneath the Basilica. 




Next, we headed to the Opera House to tour the interior. I had been with Bobbie for opening night at the ballet but was happy to spend more time in this masterpiece!


Visitors were taking ridiculous instagram worthy photos, with lots of posing. Amelia did her own special posing!






The day had gotten toasty, so we stopped for a refreshing drink before I needed to catch my evening train home. 
Such good company!

See you next summer for the Olympics, Paris! 

No comments:

Post a Comment