Monday, November 3, 2014

Nana and Pops Visit Amsterdam

It was great returning to Amsterdam with my parents in tow. When we entered our apartment, Jude lit up and squealed with delight. I guess he missed home! I was glad to be home, too. We stayed in 6 different places during our 8 night trip to Scotland. I was so glad to see so much of the beautiful country, but the constant moving around totally screwed up Jude's sleep and he had me up practically every 3 hours at night!

My parents had never been to Amsterdam before so there was a lot to see! We walked through parts of our neighborhood, explored Amsterdam and even managed a day trip to the Hague. They had plenty of Jude time and were here to see him on his very first Halloween. One afternoon they babysat and I had 2 glorious hours of freedom to speed shop and get a manicure! On their own they went to the flower auction, the Van Gogh and Rijks museums and had a night out with dinner in the Jordaan. They treated me to a Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra concert and we enjoyed the symphony while Pete stayed home to catch up on work. In return, I offered to buy drinks at intermission. No need- open bar! I think I'll be going to some more concerts there!

They sampled many of Amsterdam's delicacies: Gouda Cheese from the cheese museum, Dutch Apple Pie at Winkel 43 (the best in Europe!), Poffertijes and Pannenkoeken. Thankfully we walked and walked and walked with Jude to work it off!

We were sad to see them go, but it will be a short ~6 weeks until we are home for Christmas. Already looking forward to their next visit whenever that may be!
Extra hands to entertain the munchkin on the flight were much appreciated!
Jude showing Pops what his new ride will look like one day!



Goofing off at the cheese museum

Concertgebrouw

No comments:

Post a Comment