Friday, March 6, 2015

Ronda, Spain

Rick Steves recommended seeing the white hill towns of Andalusia in Southern Spain. The route he suggested involved too much driving so we chose to visit just one of the towns closest to us, Ronda. We drove about an hour up and up windy roads into the hills with the Mediterranean falling away behind us. The scenery from town was gorgeous, similar to what I might expect of Tuscany. The two major attractions were the bull fighting museum and the 18th century bridge spanning an enormous gorge. 


Ole!
There was a lovely park promenade high above the valley with a bird aviary and tremendous views. 


Jude, check out this view. "Nah, I'm into this stone block." 






Serious bridge!
One of the prettiest vistas I've ever seen!


"Hola, are any Romans home?"
I love these planters on the walls. And Pete, too :)


The drive back home 

No comments:

Post a Comment