I am fully recovered from my stomach bug and have a positive outlook on life again! It is amazing how much physical health can affect mental health! Now I'm ready to enjoy mid pregnancy! You know, the glow, the cute, not too big yet belly, the renewed energy. And the eating. After months of sickness, I have some serious calorie catching up to do. I am armed with Zantac and so ready!
In addition to feeling better, we have reconnected with a number of our friends, which has also done wonders for my mood. The weekend got off to a great start with out 21 week ultrasound. It was such a relief to see baby girl fully formed and thriving despite all of my sickness the past 4 months. Babies really are miracles!
Saturday morning I went to my first prenatal yoga class while our apartment was DEEP cleaned (a Christmas present to me) by a cleaning person. We had our neighbors over for dinner Saturday night and two more playdates and dinner at friends on Sunday.
I have a renewed enthusiasm for travel and want to take advantage of the "ease" of traveling with just one child. And also take advantage of Jude flying free for the next 3 months. Our February break trip to Portugal is mostly booked and I am looking into ideas for the long Easter weekend and Pete's April vacation as well.
Jude delighted us all weekend long with his ever increasing vocabulary. He is counting to 11, singing parts of the alphabet song and singing "Rain, rain, go away" in its entirety (perhaps required learning in the Netherlands??). I have noticed that his focus has improved so much since before the Christmas holidays. His Montessori teacher told me that around age 2, kids are better able to focus and it is so nice to see and experience. We are also making small strides with potty training (we haven't forced the issue though), and it is so cute to see his pride when he does his thang! The holidays were great for Jude's bonding with Daddy and while he is still very much a mommy's boy, it is not as bad as it was before the break.
Hope everyone else is having a great start to the week!
No comments:
Post a Comment