On Thursday, the weather turned cloudy and cold on Malta. Just as well as we stayed close to home while Jude recuperated. We ventured out to the playgrounds and a local pebbly beach when he was feeling better. The pebbly beach was problematic as Maeve wanted to eat all of the pebbles and was not happy with us when we tried to stop her!
 |
| Not food! |
 |
| Beach to ourselves since it was cold. |
Through Pete's connection at Malta's international school, we scored a babysitter who came Thursday evening while Pete and I enjoyed a meal out in neighboring St. Julians.
One final day to play at the playground and dinner outside as the clouds made way for some sun. There was an older couple at a table near ours, silently enjoying a shared bottle of wine. I looked over longingly and asked Pete, "We'll be them again someday, right??" No sooner had I said it, I looked down at our two noisy, messy kids and said, "but when we are them, we'll probably be longing for this."
 |
| Maeve was not too sure about sharing the swing |
No comments:
Post a Comment