Onto the celebrations:
We drove from Berkeley to Inverness in Point Reyes National Seashore. The day I arrived was my grandma's actual birthday so we got right to celebrating.
The long weekend was filled with hikes, reading, puzzling, games, eating and drinking. So relaxing!
![]() |
| Hike down to Shell Beach |
![]() |
| Tomales Bay |

My aunt put together a slide show of all of the homes where my grandma has lived. A fun trip down memory lane for her. She is doing remarkable for 94, but admits to memory loss. I enjoyed looking through old family albums. My grandma was a meticulous scrapbooker!
![]() |
| A young grandma looking a lot like Maeve |
![]() |
| Grandma with my great-grandma Evangeline and her twin brothers. |
![]() |
| A rainbow for my grandpa |
I know we weren't in the Netherlands, but the whole weekend was super gezellig! Especially with the roaring fires and hot-tubbing under the stars.
![]() |
| Playing the Copeland family classic: Oh Hell. I won by 1 point ;) |
The gang split up on Sunday with my parents and Uncle Tom and Aunt Diane flying back home. My other two aunts live in Berkeley so I got in some extra time with them and grandma before my flight home the next day. And I got to see Sue and Nick's new Berkeley home!
Margaret, Claire and I drove further into Point Reyes National Seashore and took a leisurely hike to the Pacific Coast. It was such a beautiful day and as we were relaxing on the nearly empty expansive beach, Claire spotted first a seal and then two humpback whales, who spent an hour swimming down the coast, breaching and spouting along the way! #California!
Then I had the treat of seeing some college friends for dinner and drinks!
![]() |
| Can't remember the last time I saw Becca! |
![]() |
| Marcus and Kevin, 6 kids later... |
Now for another relaxing 14 hours and then getting to see my family back home!!






























No comments:
Post a Comment