Another glorious day in the Dordogne! We started with a morning outing to the Beynac Castle, a really impressive fortress on a cliff overlooking the river valley. Maeve was so pumped to get to see a castle. She took the castle map and charged all around the place. Then Jude had his wish of a castle picnic come true with a beautiful vista. French picnics of baguette, cheeses and meats- so good and easy!
 |
| Love bugs. Jude took a big fall running and Maeve tried to make him feel better. |
 |
| Castelnaud castle in the distance |
 |
| "Castle!!" |
With Maeve napping, Pete and I stole away down into town for a delicious lunch at Belle Etoile. They brought an amuse of butternut squash soup with some creme fresh and I nearly cried with delight! My starter was another specialty of the region, foie gras. It was served as a tatin with pastry dough and stewed apples. Yummm.
 |
| Jude enjoying quiet time back home with Nana and Pops. |
The delightful day continued with Nana, Pops and I going for a 9km kayak ride down the Dordogne. I had hoped Jude could join us, but the company advertised as for 5+ years only. I thought we'd get away with pretending, but decided it would better without him and it was since we were gone for over 2 hours! We passed by our town, then Castelnaud, Beynac, and ended at les Milandes. The views and the current helped with the soggy bottoms!
And then the sunset from the house. 👌
 |
| Nana and Pops off to dinner in town |
No comments:
Post a Comment