Monday, November 12, 2018

Halloween 2018

When we were in the States this summer, we found our Mr. and Mrs. Incredible costumes from 2008 in Oma and Opa's basement. A lightbulb went off and we brought them back for a 10 year anniversary rebirth, adding the kids in of course. We had plenty of opportunities this month to dress up, even in a country that doesn't officially celebrate Halloween. 

ISA's USA-sponsored trunk or treat was early this year, on the 12th, due to the timing of fall break. It rushed the timeline a bit to get everything organized, but the trade off was really nice, warm weather so the costumes could be fully appreciated and not covered in winter jackets. 

2018 at Trunk or Treat
2008. We had just gotten engaged and Obama was elected president- it was a good week! 
Mr. Incredible ages well, no?!
I took on the games planning for the event and thanks to Pinterest, created some winners.



   




Successful event! 
 
 
 
After France, Nana and Pops returned with us to Amsterdam and stayed another week, allowing them to participate in Halloween with us! Introducing Frozone and Edna!



Jude's teacher asked if I would come in to do some Halloween celebrations with the children on the 31st, incorrectly assuming that I was an expert on Halloween. Thankfully Nana prepared something to say and I took care of reading a story and overseeing pumpkin carving and lollipop ghost creations.


I love how happy he is when I come in to volunteer at school. And how unashamed he is to snuggle his momma in front of his friends. It will always be like this, right???!
Then the whole Incredibles team got together for Halloween night trick or treating in Oud Zuid with friends. Maeve was way into it. Taking candy, demanding that it be opened, taking a bite or a lick, getting another piece and promptly dropping the first piece on the ground. It was like she couldn't believe her luck that she was getting more and more! More surprising should be how unfazed by candy Jude continues to be, selecting chocolate pieces purposefully to give to me or Nana and Pops since he doesn't like chocolate.



How great at the Welter's costumes?!



Hope your Halloween was spooktacular as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment