Thursday, July 23, 2020

Rest Day in Trapetto

After our big day out, we had a chill day at the house. Swimming, hanging out, and kids' shenanigans. The kids were gone a really long time in the house and then presented us with drinks in shot glasses: jam, honey, and water. Only the alcohol was missing ;) I did steal some of the fruit that they cut and made a pseudo sangria. Later in the afternoon, things got really quiet and I walked through the house to find the other three adults fast asleep. A real vacation day! 






That book would have put me to sleep also ;) 
I was really hoping to find ricotta gelato, like the one from Cafe Constanza in Noto that I still dream about. There was a gelato shop in Trapetto with good reviews so we set out with Alyssa to search for it! No such luck (here or anywhere else on this trip), but we enjoyed walking through this sleepy fishing village. 


Gelato squad




I really wanted to see the sunset over the water and since our meals were so late, we headed down to a beach cafe. The sunset was really perfect and the kids splashing in the water and the horses running along the beach were an added bonus. A few days in and we felt worlds away from real life and the stress of the past few months.













No comments:

Post a Comment