Thursday, November 11, 2021

Geisterberg "Ghost Village" Mountaintop Play Paradise

Our second stop on our first day in Austria was to Geisterberg "Ghost Village," which was a mountain top play paradise for kids. The gondola left from the town we stayed in, but this was the last day it was operational. I'm so glad we made it up! After an ear-popping gondola ride to 5,100 feet, you hike 15 minutes uphill to the bottom of the adventure park, where we waited for the ghost bus, which would bring us to the top of the mountain to begin our fun. We had beers from our German hotel, which hit the spot in the sunshine. The Ghost Village is basically an outdoor area dotted with playgrounds and stations, spread up and down the mountain. It got us all hiking with minimal complaints from the kids. There were something like 13 play areas and at each one, the kids used the decoder they were given to figure out which stop it was and get the corresponding sticker. Good motivation! 


The playground at the parking lot for the gondola was also very impressive. I imagined we'd spend every day there, but were too busy exploring all of the other areas!


Our home for the week






Snow!









Poppin' the second beer of the day

Conquering her fears!

Decoding




Times like these, I wonder why we live in a flat country... and then I remember how much I like to bike everywhere! 



The perfect end to the day

We would have stayed all evening, but the mountain was shutting down. We sadly took the gondola back down and then checked into our hotel. We were given a brand new renovated suite with two rooms connected by a lounge with a kitchenette. The views over the next-door construction site disappointed, but everything else about the hotel was great. Thank you Oma and Opa!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment