As was the case in the Dolomites two years ago, late October is low season in the mountain areas, where they are resting up before ski season begins. Two fun, kid things that I wanted to do were ending the weekend we arrived. So our first day in Austria was jam-packed! We had a gorgeous fall day to enjoy being in the mountains.
First stop: Keltenblitz Toboggan Run outside of Salzburg. We were the first to arrive before opening time, but they let us take the chair lift up to the top while we waited for the toboggan run to dry. Jude could go on his own and I thought it would be best to have him between us. We should have let him go first. I got rammed into once (while trying to take a photo of him-opps!). Pete rode with Maeve and she was loving it! You used a lever to start and stop. There were a few turns where we marveled that we stayed on the track! Would have loved to do it again, but there were more adventures to be had.
| Great first Austrian adventure! |
No comments:
Post a Comment