Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Temple of Apollo Sunset

Nana and Pops set off to explore some local monasteries and temples while we had more downtime by the pool. The winds were still pretty strong so we headed into Naxos town to go back to Agios Georgios with the kids before our dinner reservation at To Eliniko, a cute taverna Pete and I had snuck out to with the baby monitor on our last trip. 


They were persistent with their paddle playing and the record (with a grown up) got into the teens! 

I found our old AirBnB on the walk to the restaurant. 

Reunited! Not Maeve's finest meal. The site and smell of whole fish was very offensive to her and she let it be known. The rest of us enjoyed it! 

From dinner, we walked through town to the Temple of Apollo to catch the sunset (a very popular thing to do!). We just followed the crowds heading out to the peninsula and then tried to jockey for a spot to see the coveted sunset through the temple. Pops was the only one who was successful! It was a beautiful sunset though and I love the photos below. 








We didn't have time before dinner to explore town so we went on a long, circuitous walk after the sunset, up to the castle, eventually finding our way back to the parking lot. I was surprised by all of the cute little dinner spots throughout town. Will have to check more of them out on our next visit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment