Clouds rolled in and with them, an inexplicable case of mastitis for me. We found out about a nearby circus so we made that our rainy day morning activity. Some impressive acrobatics and some very old, very sad wild cats. Afterward, we went to the grocery store to stock up for the week. I could spend all day in a French grocery store- just examining each cheese, each wine, all of the different, unique products.
We laid low that afternoon and waited for the Opening Ceremonies to begin. I was glad that the weather had cleared a little for it (and for us).
 |
| Hup Holland Hup! |
 |
| We headed to the beach for the sunset |
 |
| Jude would have stayed all evening running away from the waves. |
The following day, my pain was worse and I knew I needed some medical attention. I went to the receptionist and asked where I could go to a clinic or urgent care (it was a Saturday). She explained that there was an SOS number I could call and that a doctor would make a housecall... to our safari tent. I waited to be connected and then thankfully the receptionist translated for me. I was told to wait by the tent and that the doctor would be there in an hour! Sure enough, a doctor arrived and saw me in our little compartment of the tent, prescribing an antiseptic and antibiotics. Then we wrote out his bill, for 55 euros, an was on his way! Talk about efficient, affordable health care. Viva la France!
 |
| Pete was great, letting me rest as needed and entertaining the kids in the pool. |
We stopped in our local seaside village, Pornichet, to go to the pharmacy to pick up the meds before driving back to Nantes for futbol match #2- Egypt vs. Uzbekistan men!Very similar seats to the first game, just behind the other goal. It was disappointing to see that the top tier seats were completely empty for the women's match, but mostly full for the men's. The highlight of the game was the Uzbekistan cheering sections and the 3 guys they had circulating through the crowd with large drums, leading us in cheers. Very festive!
We left the game before it ended to beat the traffic as we just wanted to head home after the game. While I rested, Pete took the kids to the beach for the sunset. I missed a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment