What can I say? The babe's a doll! What else would I say, I'm his mom! I thought that 5 months was the sweet spot and was glad that so many of you told me that it just gets better, because you were right!
Jude is now a pro at sitting, which has revolutionized parenthood for this mama who hardly got a break since Jude always wanted to be standing, jumping, standing, jumping. And while his thighs are made of steel from all that standing and jumping, he got his mama's weak upper body strength so it seems that crawling is still a ways off (sigh of relief!). He remains extremely social and loves being around other babies and adults. His babbling is the best. A lot of "ya, ya, yas," especially when he has his fingers or another object in his mouth. We've enjoyed the adventures of eating solids. He loves to "help" hold the spoon, but mostly ends up grabbing the end with the food and making a huge mess.
He is sporting his bottom two teeth and his two top fang teeth. I was worried this was highly unusual to have gotten those upper teeth before the central two, but his pal Kees is exactly the same! All Jude wants for Christmas is his two front teeth! Cuddling him against my chest is risky because he's started to sink those teeth into my shoulder. Ouch! His eyes are definitely hazel and a lot like mine. His hair seems fairer by the day. He remains tall (check out those high waters!). Nana and Pops informed us that Jude's left eye turns in. Five years professionally examining children for physical abnormalities and I didn't even notice that about my own child. Love is blind!
I still enjoy being 'home' with him, but I let a little anxiety creep in when I think of him getting older and the new challenges that will bring. I felt that way at 5 months as well and the past two months have been wonderful. I need to remember that the challenges will be coupled with new developments and new cuteness!



He is a doll! Each time I check into your blog he gets more adorable, which is hard to believe. Love seeing all of the adventures!
ReplyDeleteEmily