Monday, February 23, 2015

When Canals Freeze Over?

Remember the video link on my very first post on this blog? It was a series called Holland: The Original Cool. Well, they are at it again. This time with a winter themed promo video.


Ice skating between towns sounds pretty cool and the images captured in this other Youtube video below make it seem dreamy (also, it looks like Bugaboo has a special iceskating attachment to their stroller??).

That being said, as I see friends from the East Coast sharing pictures and news clips of the polar vortex and snow debauchery, I do not miss it! I am glad that it wasn't cold enough this winter in Amsterdam for the canals to freeze over. I did get to see some snow on the ground a few mornings and that was good enough for me!
Snow in De Braak, melted quickly by the sun



We are currently on Pete's "crocus" break. When I first saw his school schedule and this holiday week posted I thought, "how strange to have a break named for one of the plagues." Then I was informed that crocus is not the same as locust. My bad! And sure enough, crocuses (now that I know what they are!) were in bloom all over our neighborhood as we left for the break. I hear that spring will be waiting for us when we return home and I hope that is true! In the meantime, we are on the Costa del Sol in Spain, which is living up to its reputation! For everyone back home, think warm thoughts! Spring will be here soon! 
Me gusta! 


No comments:

Post a Comment