Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

I am ashamed to share what happened this Father's Day. But here it goes. 

After I was up a few times with Maeve during the night, Jude woke Pete and I up around 6:15. I had bought bacon, brioche and strawberries and planned to get up with Jude and make Pete brunch. At 6:15, Pete told me to go back to bed since I'd been up during the night. I told him he was ridiculous, it was Father's Day and I would get up with Jude. He continued to insist that I go back to bed. So I did, reluctantly (but happily). When I awoke a few hours later with Maeve, I came down ready to cook Pete his brunch only to find out that he had seen the ingredients and cooked himself brunch with Jude! As if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't have any present or card for Pete. To be fair, I intended to run the errands for this on Friday at the mall, but Pete reminded me that we'd be going to the mall Saturday morning for brunch with some new friends. He said I should save myself the trip and just go Saturday. Then our friends had to cancel brunch, Pete slept off a night out with his coworkers celebrating the end of the school year and needless to say, I didn't make it to the mall. We had two sets of friends come to meet Maeve Saturday afternoon and the stores were closed by the time our company left.

Not my greatest moment, but it certainly highlights how blessed I am to have this man as my partner and baby daddy. Pete puts everyone before himself and always has a positive attitude. He wasn't fazed by my royal Father's Day screw ups and was just as happy to get his card and gift today. 

Morning stories
Pete's lucky 3
Walk to de Braak

In the afternoon, we joined friends for a Father's Day bowling party. We went last year as well and it was definitely easier to coral and control ~1 year olds compared to ~2 year olds! This year, all the kids wanted to participate. I was seriously impressed by Jude picking up the orange 6 balls and dropping them on the lane. He loved it! "Me did it!" Maeve slept soundly in the arms of friends despite the noise.



 Back home, Pete got in some snuggles with both of his kiddos :)


We love you!

I hope that all of the other wonderful dads, especially my own, had a great day and didn't have to make their own brunch :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment