Sunday, June 5, 2016

"What you talking about?"

As was to be expected, I am not spending as much time with Jude as I used to. When I do get a few minutes of quality time with him, I am amazed by the things he is saying. My favorite is when adults are talking around him and he wants to follow along, but doesn't understand the content. He'll stop the conversation with a "what are you talking about?" I love his curiosity and thirst for knowledge.

This past week he also discovered "why?," which I really thought was a 3 year old thing. So now we are answering why questions around the clock and wondering how long this phase will last!

Now that Jude has adjusted to our new family unit, it is so fun to see him in his role as big brother. He still refers to Maeve as "baby sister" most of the time (what we called her before she was born) so we are working on that. When she is crying in the car, he'll reach out and hold her hand or sing wheels on the bus or twinkle twinkle little star to her.

He'll ask a few times a day to "hold him" (everyone is a "him"). We'll sit Jude down, he'll put out his arms, hold her for one second and then say "all done holding him." Not always worth the effort of unsettling her, but sweet to see him showing an interest in her. I can't wait to see their relationship develop as Maeve becomes more interactive!
Showing Maeve his toys
Cool dude at the beach today
Snuggling with "baby sister" and Oma

No comments:

Post a Comment