Time marches on, much quicker than I'd like it. Maeve will be 6 months in 2 and a half weeks and I just can't believe it. It seemed to take forever for Jude to reach 6 months and this time, it has gone by in a flash. You can't help but compare your children. Jude was our active, pay-attention-to-me, don't-want-to-sleep-and-miss-a-thing darling baby and Maeve is our chill, i'm-cool-on-my-own, put-a-paci-in-me-and-i'm-out sweet girl. Jude was a watch pot waiting to boil. When will he roll?, when will he sit up/crawl/walk/talk?, when will he sleep through the night? We wanted these things to happen early as if his accomplishments would prove that we were good parents. It was impossible not to compare his development with others his age. And now, with Maeve, excuse my language, but I just don't give a dang! Baby girl can take her sweet time with everything because she is likely our last and I want to savor it all. Even the night wakings because I know there will be an end and I will miss the weight of her in my arms and her warm, soft baby skin against mine. In the immortal words of Taylor Swift, "Oh darling, don't you ever grow up. Don't you ever grow up. Just stay this little." :)
I'm reading The Light Between Oceans and boy does it make me thankful for my babies. I will continue to appreciate them in the now and try not to fast forward this sweet process of parenthood. And I will continue to document "how they were" so I will never forget these precious times.
![]() |
| October 23, 2016 |

No comments:
Post a Comment