Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Girls' Trip to Martha's Vineyard: Part 7

Sarah invited us out to her house on Martha's Vineyard and while we decided it would too much extra travel with the kids, I really didn't want to pass up the invite, being so close in Boston. Pete was gracious enough to let me go and stay back with the kids. My first solo trip since mommy hood! I was so excited! The forecast wasn't great, but I really didn't care. When I first checked the dates with Sarah, she told me that Laura and Chelsea would be there then, too! So a legit girls' trip was underway. Funny enough, we had run into Chelsea at the DC airport. She was on the same flight with us to Boston two days prior, en route to the Vineyard, flying solo with sweet Owen. Such a gorgeous home and spot to spend a few, quiet "me" days! Thank you, Sarah! 
Waiting out the rain with these two cuties. I loved meeting both Owen and Alfie! 
High school friends (not mine!)
The following day, not deterred by the weather, we set out for a walk along Lucy Vincent beach before lunch at the General Store. After dropping Chelsea and Owen at the airport, we took a driving tour of the island, stopping in Edgartown for shopping and at Larsen's to pick up some fresh lobster for our lobster pasta dinner-yummy!





Edgartown
Menemsha Basin
Enjoying drinks and apps on the deck with charming company. This is the life!

Hey cutie! 

Laura and I took a walk to a nearby overlook while the kids were being put to bed. So pretty!





Beautiful sunshine on my last day! Isabel was off for her riding lessons and I wanted to have a picture to show her buddy Jude.

And then a few uninterrupted hours reading on the beach! It was so hard to leave with this beautiful weather, but I was excited to get home to my own cuties. I hope it works out to visit with the whole family next time. I know they would have loved every minute of it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment