Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Mommy and Maeve Time Again

With the boys back to school, I am readjusting to flying solo with Maeve 3 days a week. 15-month Maeve is completely different from the Maeve I was home with in early June. She's now steadily walking around, which is simply adorable, but keeps me on my toes. She is able to communicate really well now. Signs for "more," "all done," and "I want." She claps her hands when she wants me to sing to her. She loves to pick up her duplo birthday cupcake and dance while I sing happy birthday (Dutch and English) over and over again to her. Anything for that beaming smile! Girl's wardrobe was majorly hooked up with friends' hand me downs and I am having a lot of fun dressing my little girl :) At night, when she's tired, she snuggles into my chest and I just can't get enough. We start next week with her baby activities so we've had a lot of time to just hang out together in the interim. In a year's time she'll be off to ISA to become a hedgehog herself so I need to soak it all up now. The last year I had with Jude, I didn't realize how different things would be once he started school, so I will not take any of this special year for granted. 

She loves to do anything Jude is doing 
The best medicine for a rainy day
Grachtenfestival baby concert with pal Joey
Learned to love sand this summer and plays every day in her sandbox scooping and filling buckets
Loves to pick the ripe cherry tomatoes
Does not like being told she can't pick the green ones. 
Finally able to enjoy playgrounds together

My snuggler 

No comments:

Post a Comment