On that fateful day, I was in severe pain and was terrified as labor progressed. I would love to say that the moment they put Jude in my arms the following morning, I only felt bliss, but I was too shell shocked to feel much of anything. Those early days were really bad between sleep deprivation, difficulties with nursing (syringe feeding Jude when he couldn't latch for days), hormonal swings and so.much.pain down there! I wanted to go back in time to "before," when a colicky baby didn't have me feeling like a lactating hostage destined to bounce my whole life away on the yoga ball!
I asked Alexa to play Dave Matthew's today and the song, Oh Joy Begin came on. Woah, serendipity. I had never heard it before and it couldn't be more fitting for how I'm feeling today.
"Let’s not forget these early days
Remember we begin the same
We lose our way in fear and pain
Oh joy begin
Oh joy begin"
![]() |
| Jude placed in my arms after 4 hours of pushing. Perhaps my initial lack of joy had something to do with what the birth canal did to him! (dying laughing looking at the pic!!) |
![]() |
| Another winner. When people told me what a beautiful baby he was, I thought maybe they were on crack ;) Or just being really kind to me in my emotional state. |
Jude, we love you so, beautiful boy! Now let the birthday celebrations begin!
![]() |
| Age 1 |
![]() |
| Age 2 |
![]() |
| Age 3 |
![]() |
| Age 4 |






No comments:
Post a Comment