Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day 2: "Not as good as day 1"

Report from self isolation day 2:

Yesterday was hard. Emotions were high. Maeve exclaimed multiple times things like "This is not a good day!" and "This day is ruined!" I was feeling her! The sun wasn't shining like it was on Monday and I lost some of my positivity.

We received our first electronic videos from the kids' teachers and they both made me cry. We got the hang of responding back with videos of our own, which we'll be doing a lot of in the coming weeks. We discovered the Scholastic learn at home program. We turned different rooms of our house into specialty areas like at school (gym, atelier, library, music room). We took turns being the teacher. Maeve allowed us to play our instruments for 1 minute before declaring that music class was over. We realized that Jude has forgotten how to ride his bike, so we'll have a good goal for this time off! We made messes in every room of the house. And then worked together to tidy them up.

I face timed with some close friends and messaged with others. Around the world, we really are all in this together.

At 8pm, the Netherlands (literally) applauded the work of the medical professionals for 3 minutes. We joined in from our front door. I had a call scheduled at 8, but I got on it 2 minutes late, the whole while fighting back tears. As I began the call, neighbors started a fireworks display to show their support. If my patient had asked what the noise was, I would have told her, but I for sure would have started crying. So I'm glad she didn't comment.

Silver linings: The sunset and fireworks

Making St. Patty's Day hats
A hard day indeed

We can really appreciate our tree this year! 

I've found blogging to be very therapeutic, so I expect to be posting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment