Saturday, March 21, 2020

Pete's Birthday, The Last Day of "Normal"

Last weekend, as the situation turned more serious here in the Netherlands, we lived it up and celebrated Pete's birthday. We hadn't yet been told to social distance, though some were doing so already. So we decided to go out with a bang if a lockdown was impending. Pete went out bowling with some friends Friday night (no germs whatsoever at a bowling alley, right!?) and Jude had a great sleepover at his new friend's. Saturday, Maeve had a friend over for a playdate and Pete and I went out for Korean to celebrate his birthday. Sunday was his actual birthday and we went to brunch in the Oude Dorp, followed by a visit to the early blooming Cherry Blossoms in the Bos, a stop at Annakerk for a beer and snacks, a playdate with Gabriel and Faris and then delivery pizza for dinner. There were not many people out at any of our activities, but we have been much more responsible since. I am grateful to have had these last "normal" days as the future seems so uncertain.

Brunch sillies
It was cold, and there's a pandemic. 
I am also incredibly grateful for two kids who get along (for now...)




Happy birthday, Pete! No one I'd rather self isolate with! 






One other family in the whole place
I hope you wished for something REALLY GOOD!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment