Friday, July 24, 2015

Summer US Trip Part One

We have been back in the Netherlands from our great American tour 3 days now. Three weeks away simultaneously felt like a lifetime and a hot second. I added it up and we saw exactly 100 friends and family members on this trip home (101 if we count the random Bowdoin grad we ran into on the street in NYC). It was a whirlwind to say the least, but we are so grateful to the friends and family who hosted us, visited us and met us half way. It meant a lot to see so many friendly faces, catch up in person and make new memories as a family of three in the US.

Three weeks of constantly being on the go and constantly being social left little time for blogging. So now that I'm finally caught up on Italy, I don't want to get behind again. So here's an idea. Let's sum up our three week trip in two blog posts. Ambitious, I know. Regretfully, I did not pull out my camera often enough to take photos of our visits. This is bad for my memory as I only seem to remember something happening if I have a photo of it, but good for the length of these blog posts.

Without further ado, Highlights from the Durneys on Tour: USA Summer 2015- NYC, Connecticut, Massachusetts and back to NYC
In NYC we stayed at the apartment of Opa and Oma's friends overlooking Gramercy Park. Sweet digs!
Loved the Union Square Playground

These beets are so fresh!
We met Adam and Laura's sweet baby Ellie. Jude proceeded to cover her in her toys. 
Heather came to visit!
Reunited with the Soper/Coxs. Jude, Mama and Dada were all very happy about it!
Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Metro North to Connecticut.
Fourth of July weekend at the extended Durning Family's lake house
20 relatives to look after Jude and sunshine?! Can we stay all summer??
Captain Clayton!


Nagma was so sweet with Jude and he just loved her!

Hosts with the most
Aunt Dawn (feet pictured) was a hoot to play with!
Patriotic Popsie and Nonnie on the 4th!
A "small" subset of Durnings on the 4th
Fun at Opa and Oma's house
Visiting the horses
Drinking in public in the middle of a no name town in rural Vermont? Perfect way to spend an afternoon with dear friend Gia.

"Big Handsome" Mensh. Sam the baby was really cute, too. 
Showing off for Oma's friends who came to visit
Sharing berries (and feeding each other!) with pals Harper and Tucker
Lunch with Susan and Brian back in NYC
Silly selfies with Lehanie

Rubbing the future baby Ers bump!
We were involved with something I can tell you more about in 6 months :) 
On Celine and Jeff's rooftop

Intrepid NYC friends braved a monsoon to meet us out in Brooklyn


No comments:

Post a Comment