Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Tuscan Wine Tour

On Saturday, Nana and Pops took off for some local hill towns while we stayed back to chill with Jude and enjoy the pool. 


After sufficient chilling, Nana and Pops returned and babysat so that Pete and I could go on the wine tour being led by Alex from the agricotourismo. Did I mention how wonderful Nana and Pops are?? Pete and I really wanted to go on a wine tour in Tuscany and were happy to learn that Alex would be leading one during our visit, for free! We went with a number of the yogis to two local wineries.


Our first visit was to Agricola Tamburini, which pulled out all the stops with multiple courses of Tuscan food paired with their 8 wines. Yes, 8! Some really good, very reasonably priced wines and some fancier ones, too.





Our second stop was at Corbucci, at the farmhouse of the owner. To be honest, our palates were spent from the 8 previous wines so we doubt we would have been able to tell good from bad wine at that point. We did enjoy the tasting though and I loved the views he had over the back of his property. Such stunning scenery in Tuscany!


Wonderful day date!


No comments:

Post a Comment