I had hoped we'd fit a beach trip into the week. I was curious what the coast was like in Tuscany. There was a high ropes adventure course near the coast, which was only open on the weekend so the timing was perfect to visit our first full day. Google maps led us on quite the adventure through narrow mountain dirt roads, but we finally made it to Il Giardino Sospeso. Jude was rearing to go on the hardest of courses, while Maeve began with more apprehension before hitting her stride. Pete and I joined Jude and all had a great time. A lot of fun zip lines mixed in and some really challenging parts!
There was a farm next to the adventure park with boars. Many families enjoyed the sunny Sunday and barbequed in the grassy field. We had lunch at the cafe before driving 15 minutes to the beach in Cecina. Also a popular spot, but the guys eventually found parking while the kids played at the playground under the lovely pines.
 |
| I had a lovely nap in the sun while the kids built driftwood sculptures and skipped rocks. The water was chilly! |
 |
| So hard to leave the beach! |
 |
That Tuscan sun on the drive home
|
 |
| We'd called ahead for takeaway pizza and had a relaxing evening at the apartment. |
No comments:
Post a Comment