Sunday, August 10, 2014

ISA Walking Tour

On Wednesday, ISA treated all of the new staff on a walking tour of Amsterdam complete with lunch and then sky lounge drinks to end the day. It was a long day of over 5 miles of walking around the city. The tour itself was great, but the best part was getting to meet all of the new teachers and their families. I didn't actually take any pictures of the sights because I was too busy chatting! There are three other families with young children who are coming from Edinburgh, New Delhi and Abu Dhabi (two are American families who have already been teaching abroad). At our table at lunch were teachers who had come from Hong Kong, Warsaw and Cairo. It is going to be great to be immersed in this diverse community. No play dates have been established yet, but I hope that we will be socializing soon. We got a babysitting offer so I would say that the day was a success!
Got his walking shoes on (and super tight pants- time to move up a size!)!
Suzan, taxi driver and tour guide extraordinaire! 
Nap time
Pete's new Scottish friend.

1 comment:

  1. In that penultimate photo, Jude looks like he just took the invisible man potion, except it hasn't traveled to his extremities yet.

    ReplyDelete